The Sennheiser EW 500 FILM G4 is a camera-mount wireless lavalier microphone system that brings advanced features to the EW Series, expanding this industry-standard system into a fully professional, yet cost-effective solution that filmmakers, videographers, and journalists can rely on—even in challenging shooting environments like big cities.
The rugged EW 512P G4 combines a wide 88 MHz bandwidth with 3520 frequencies and an RF output level up to 50 mW for a clean transmission and broadcast-quality sound. Depending on your location, you can operate up to 32 mics in one space.
Designed to accommodate a broad range of applications, the EW 500 FILM G4 gives you the tools to adapt to various shooting scenarios. For hands-free interviews, the system includes a bodypack transmitter with a high-grade, miniature MKE 2 omnidirectional lavalier mic, which is sweat-resistant and easy to conceal. For man-on-the-street interviews or for a wireless booming, the plug-on transmitter is ready to attach to a handheld or shotgun mic of your choice (both types of mics are available separately). It also provides 48V phantom power, giving you the option to use a condenser microphone.
The camera-mount receiver connects to a camcorder, a DSLR/mirrorless, or a cinema camera to capture crisp-sounding speech or dialog for projects ranging from films and documentaries to wedding videos, corporate spots, and hands-free interviews.
The EW 500 FILM G4 is backward-compatible with previous evolution systems, including EW 100 models, giving you the ability to mix and match G4/G3/G2/G1 receivers or bodypack, handheld, and plug-on transmitters.
Note: While this system includes two transmitters, only one can be used at a time.
Built for Reliable Performance in the Field
- The EW 500 BOOM G4 features rugged, all-metal chassis well suited for extended use on location.
- The lightweight, the compact bodypack transmitter is moisture-resistant, easy to conceal, and offers rounded edges that are soft to the touch and comfortable for the talent to wear. The plug-on transmitter attaches to any dynamic or condenser microphone equipped with an XLR connector. Both transmitters are equipped with locking connectors ensuring your mic doesn’t detach at a critical moment. Each also features a convenient mute switch.
- Using the included shoe-mount adapter, the compact receiver easily mounts on your camera without adding much weight. The included CL 500 cable provides a balanced connection from the receiver to the XLR audio input of your camcorder, cinema camera, or recording device. The CL 1 cable is for DSLR/mirrorless cameras and devices with 3.5mm inputs. A headphone output lets you monitor the quality of your sound while recording.
- The transmitters and receiver feature daylight-readable LED displays showing reception quality, battery status, and audio level.
Advanced Controls for Flexible Use
- The frequency scan function automatically searches for the cleanest frequency at your location.
- To get you going quickly, the transmitter and receiver synchronize via an infrared interface with the simple push of a button.
- 10/30/50 mW switchable RF output helps overcome interference or save battery life.
- The adjustable input sensitivity on the transmitter accommodates mic levels ranging from booming voices to quiet speech, and even line-level audio.
- The receiver has an adjustable output range of 42 dB to match the audio input of your camera or recording device.
Proven Broadcast-Quality Sound
- Popular with industry professionals, the MKE 2 omnidirectional lavalier microphone delivers a natural, broadcast-quality sound optimized for speech intelligibility. Its omnidirectional polar pattern ensures that the sound remains consistent, even when the speaker’s head moves away from the mic.
- To take full advantage of your microphone’s dynamic range, the system employs proprietary HDX compander technology, preserving your sound without adding unwanted noise during transmission—delivering audio with remarkable accuracy and quality.